It is the Policy and Objective of Scutum London Limited (the ‘Organisation’) to recognise the importance of environmental protection and its commitment to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to the supply, installation, servicing and commissioning of fire safety systems and fire safety hardware.
It is also the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:-
- a) Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- b) Keep abreast of environmental trends in our industry
- c) Ensure that, wherever possible, raw materials are provided from fully sustainable sources
- d) Ensure that our employees are aware of the potential environmental impacts of their actions
- e) Ensure that the utmost care is taken in the use and waste disposal of materials and chemicals used in our processes
- f) Training of employees in environmental issues
- g) Minimise the production of waste
- h) Minimise material wastage
- i) Minimise energy wastage
- j) Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- k) Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- l) Control noise emissions from operations
- m) Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation
The Environmental Management System, Policy and procedures will be documented, implemented and maintained in accordance with ISO14001.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers, sub-contractors and is made available to the public via the Scutum London website.