COVID-19 Business Response and Policy
At Scutum Group, we service and maintain life safety fire systems. We have therefore continued to operate during the COVID-19 outbreak to ensure our customers are fully supported.
As the situation has progressed, we have taken our responsibilities seriously with regards to the health of our employees and clients, following up-to-date advice and guidance from the UK government, the Fire Safety Association and BAFE. As the virus continues to spread, it is likely to pose a significant challenge to many organisations and we remain fully committed to supporting our staff and clients during this period of uncertainty.
In line with the UK Government’s guidance, Scutum London and the wider Scutum Group UK have implemented the following actions with immediate effect (current at time of posting in May 2020):
- Our front line engineers have been supplied with the necessary PPE equipment – including face masks, sterile gloves and alcohol-based hand sanitising soap, gel or wipes.
- Engineers and other staff visiting clients’ premises should follow any additional site-specific instructions from clients, practice social distancing and use the provided safety equipment to protect themselves and our clients.
- In some cases, such as care homes and flats, it may be necessary to modify the service sequence for fire alarms to limit the maintenance to escape routes and communal areas to minimise risk.
- We will liaise with clients prior to or during a visit to ensure both parties are aware of the necessary procedures and policies in place.
- Where our employees are unable to follow our recommended guidelines or feel unsafe during a site visit, they have the authority to advise the client and leave the premises.
General Business Conduct Rules
- Non-essential, external meetings will be conducted remotely where possible.
- Internal business gatherings will be minimised where possible and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Our employees are travelling to work via car only. No commuting via public transport or car sharing is permitted.
Travel/ Symptoms and Self Isolation
- Any employees who may have travelled abroad are to self-isolate for 14 days and not attend both our or a clients’ premises.
- Any engineer or employee who is displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to self-isolate for 14 days and follow advice given by the NHS or other medical practitioners.
- We also have strict guidance in place for employees who are living in a household with someone who has developed symptoms or equally may have been in contact with a person who has symptoms.
- Our office staff will continue to work remotely wherever possible to reduce the risk of the virus spreading between employees. Phone lines and emails continue to be monitored remotely.
- No unauthorised visitors are allowed on site.
- Any authorised visitors should not attend if they have symptoms of any kind related to COVID-19.
Attending our Business Premises
- Increased hygiene standards have been introduced.
- Within the office and business premises, additional anti-bacterial hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities have been made available along with instructions for recommended hand washing procedures.
- Sanitary wipes are available at the main entrance and throughout the office areas of the building.
- Attending staff are to abide by social distancing rules of 2 metres whilst on site. Guidance on social distancing is posted at the entrance to each area of the office building.
- If social distancing is not practicable for any reason, consideration must be given to PPE use and additional sanitation.
- Our employees have been advised to take extra care when moving through the building to maintain awareness of others and ensure social distancing takes place.
- Our office areas are cleaned at the beginning and throughout the day.
We will continue to monitor the guidance from the UK Government and adapt our services wherever necessary. We plan to keep our clients up-to-date with all developments, however we would advise our clients to get in touch if you have any questions regarding our service and response to COVID-19.
New Fever Detection Solution
Scutum London is part of Scutum UK, a leading multinational business specialising in fire protection, CCTV, security and access control. Our equipment is highly innovative, reliable and customised to a variety of industries. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Scutum has created a new Temperature Measurement Face Recognition Terminal, designed specifically to be used in the workplace to accurately measure an employee’s temperature safely with no direct contact. This new technology is available across the UK, and more information regarding this will be available on our website in the coming days.
Find out more about the full range of fire safety and security solutions – from fire risk assessments and bespoke fire alarm systems to access control and fever detection technology – by getting in touch with the experienced team at Scutum London today
Request a Callback
Just fill in your details below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
About Scutum London
Scutum London is a leading expert in fire safety and security solutions for businesses and organisations located across South East England, including London and Surrey.
From fire alarms, fire extinguishers and fire risk assessments to access control, CCTV and intruder alarm systems – and a lot more besides – we offer a comprehensive range of products and services designed to keep you, your business and your staff and visitors safe.
With decades of industry experience to call on, we’re proud to hold accreditations from leading trade associations and bodies such as British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE), the British Fire Consortium, the Fire Industry Association (FIA) and Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB).
If you’d like to find out more about Scutum London, get in touch with our friendly team or explore our products and services on our site.